Each unit has defined stats which modders must state in their XML.
- HP - The health points of a unit.
- EP - The energy points of a unit.
- Armour - The defense capabilities and resistance to different types of attacks.
- Sight - How far a unit can see, helps clear Fog of War and the Shroud of Darkness as well as lets them see enemies.
- Size - How big the unit is.
- Fields - What surface(s) the unit can traverse.
- Time - How long it takes to produce the unit.
- Resource cost - How many resources and of what kind are needed to produce the unit.
- Requirements - Any other units or upgrades the unit needs to be produced.
- Commands - Abilities that the unit can execute.
Each unit must have its own 3D model, in Glest's G3D format. Each skill can use a different model.